Please see attached our Chailey School Uniform list for this year; September 2021.
School uniform has a long and honourable record of preventing arguments about what should or should not be worn for school; our policy continues that tradition. Its main aim is simply to ensure that students come to school dressed in safe, practical, smart clothes, ready to perform at their best.
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all our students. If there is a temporary problem concerning the wearing of correct school uniform, students should bring a note from home explaining this and obtain an exemption card from his or her form tutor.
We maintain details of suppliers, the current uniform requirements, together with PE kit and equipment lists in the link to the right under 'Related Files'.
We have changed our uniform over the past couple of years; introducing a new tartan skirt and compulsory ties for all students.
Uniform and PE Kit
During the last academic year, we have been more tolerant of PE uniform. The rules around PE kit in particular are being tightened from September. Please take note of the following from September 2021:
- All students should come to school in the correct uniform, worn in the correct way, every day. This includes ensuring shorts are not worn under trousers and that skirts are the correct length. Please also ensure that footwear is all leather and entirely black.
The correct uniform is:
- Black all leather shoes
- Navy Skirt (Year 10 and 11)/tartan skirt (Year 7, 8 and 9)/trousers – worn appropriately
- Black/navy or flesh coloured tights (not leggings)
- White or black socks (ankle length)
- Blue shirt/blouse (White Year 11)
- Chailey tie (compulsory for all students in Year 7 and 8)
- Chailey Blazer
- Chailey school jumper (optional)
- Coat – NO HOODIES
- 1 stud in each ear
- Necklace of religious significance
- Any other piercings need a clear retainer
On days that students have PE they may continue to come to school in PE kit. However, in addition, students must wear their school blazer over their PE kit. We will not tolerate any deviation from the correct kit, for example wearing grey instead of navy or black, or wearing hoodies instead of sweatshirts.
The correct kit is:
- School Blazer
- Chailey School PE/Camp T- shirt ONLY
- Chailey rugby shirt or a navy sweatshirt (No hoods)
- Navy blue or black jogging bottoms or sports leggings
- Navy blue shorts or skirt or ‘skort’
- White sports socks
- Trainers (any colour) but PE appropriate.
- ALL PE KIT - NO LARGE PRINTS OR OVERSIZED LOGOS.
Also, we are hoping to offer GCSE PE students the opportunity to purchase T-Shirts which allow us to differentiate between them and to support video evidencing in GCSE PE. This will be optional and will be finalised in September. If your child is currently studying or due to be starting GCSE PE then you may wish to take this into account when buying new kit. T-Shirts will be no more that £15.
We also understand that equipment lists can be confusing as we have changed and added to them since the pandemic. Please see below our central and definitive equipment list:
- Black pen
- Purple pen
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Case
- Reading book
- Pritt Stick glue
- Coloured pencils
- Whiteboard pens
You can order uniform from our suppliers at the following websites:
Sussex Uniform: https://www.sussexuniforms.co.uk/collections/chailey
Broadbridges Haywards Heath: https://www.broadbridges.co.uk/47-chailey-school
Year 7 Uniform September 2021:
Click here to contact us