We are committed to helping our students achieve their full potential when planning their future career choices by following the Careers Educational Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme. Details of this can be found in the CEIAG document under the related files menu on this page along with useful links to careers advice websites.
Chailey students are entitled to receive independent and impartial careers guidance, information and advice. By the time they leave in Year 11 they will be able to:
- Report on their strengths and achievements and identify areas for development
- Identify areas of interest and relate them to career paths
- Research information needed for career and course choices
- Explain the range of options and pathways open at key transition points
- Describe how the world of work is structured and changing and the requirements of employers
- Relate their career ideas to labour market trends
To help gain this knowledge, students will partake in:
- Mentoring sessions
- Work Experience
- Curriculum Enrichment Week
- Year 9 curriculum guidance and options assembly
- Units in lessons on option choices
- Option choice modules
- Options evenings
- Tutor time
- Computer aided guidance
- Independent careers advice
- Contact with external speakers
- Enterprise Day
- Taster Days at FE/HE colleges
- Learning outside the curriculum – trips and visits
- Enrichment programme
- STEAM activities
- Post-16 careers evening
The current DfE statutory guidance – ‘Careers guidance and access for education and training providers: Statutory guidance for governing bodies, school leaders and school staff’ is available in the ‘Related Files’ menu on this page.
You can view our Pupil Destination Data by clicking on this link. Scroll down the page - you will find Pupil Destinations near the bottom.
Investor in Careers
In June 2018 the school was awarded an Investor in Careers award for the quality of our careers education.
The school runs an Alumni Network which keeps in touch with past students and associates. Through this network we can seek outside speakers to provide talks or presentations to students covering a wide range of employability sectors. If you are a former student at Chailey or know of someone who is, and would like to get involved, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please contact our Alumni Group here: https://networks.futurefirst.org.uk/signup/chailey
Click here to contact us